Cuyahoga Valley Church began 30 years ago as a church committed to making a kingdom impact by connecting people to Jesus Christ. We passionately want to continue our legacy of generosity by making a lasting impact that will extend locally, globally, and last for generations. Our UNLEASH initiative gives us a tangible way to reach further and allows us to be a part of God’s kingdom movement. UNLEASH is a two-year effort to raise $2 million in order to reach further by repurposing our resources with three bold initiatives to reach our Neighbors, the Nations, and the Next Generation. Through UNLEASH, we are asking everyone who calls Cuyahoga Valley Church home, to invest at unprecedented levels of prayer, compassion, energy, and finances in key projects here and around the world.
We are committed to reaching those right next door to us. As we grow in influence, we want to replicate successful ministry by adding campuses in those areas where we have a concentration of CVC members and attenders, flourishing LifeGroups and LifeHouses, and unchurched people who would benefit from a campus closer to their own neighborhood.
We are working in partnership with Wycliffe Bible Translators and The Seed Company to help fund a Bible translation project for the SOLI people of Southeast Asia that we adopted as a church in 2014.
Our goal is to eliminate our $1.4 million mortgage debt so that we do not pass that down to the next generation. The money currently going toward mortgage payments could then be re-channeled into CVC ministries including those that directly impact
our next generation (our children and grandchildren), while also helping to fund some of the ongoing operating costs of future campuses.
Still have questions?
CELEBRATING THE PAST
- 1986 | Cuyahoga Valley Church starts as a church plant of Far Hills Church in Dayton, OH by Rick Duncan. The church starts with a small group of two couples. Door-to-door surveys helped mold the look and feel of the church, emphasizing cultural relevance and sensitivity to those seeking the Lord
- 1987 | Resurrection Sunday. First service held in the gymnasium of what is now Lawrence School of Wallings Road. Sixty-six people respond to a mass mailing effort introducing the church.
- 1992 | Labor intensive “church in a truck” begins when services moved to Brecksville Middle School.
- 1994 | Miracle of location. Four residents on the northeast corner of I-77 and Wallings agree to sell 16.5 acres.
- 1995 | Funds raised and land acquisition paid off.
- 1999 | Groundbreaking. Congregational prayer walk from school to property.
- 2000 | Adopted the Nzema people group of Ghana.
- 2001 | March: First service in the new building. April: Dedication Ceremony. “To God Alone be the Glory.”
- 2003 | Launched Sevenoseven in an effort to reach young adults in Northeast Ohio.
- 2004 | Momentum campaign to finish the Lower Level to provide needed children’s space and offices.
- 2006 | Balcony, parking lot, classroom expansion. Garage constructed. Launched Blast!, a family worship environment.
- 2010 | Hired Lead Pastor, Chad Allen.
- 2012 | Leadership transition from Rick Duncan to Chad Allen. Refined our vision to continue our dedication to “Inviting People to New Life in Christ.”
- 2014 | Adopted the SOLI people of Indonesia.
- 2015 | LifeHouse kick off.
- 2016 | Church-wide study in Living New: Growing in the Fruit of New Life.
PRESENT | 2017
- Inviting People to New Life in Christ | We’re celebrating 30 years of ministry and reaching thousands for Christ!
- Attendance | In 2017 we averaged 1,800+ adults and children across our four Sunday services.
- Baptisms | We celebrated as 48 people went public with their faith during worship services.
- Prayer | Key component of everything we do.
- Debt Elimination | So more people can be invited to new life in Christ.
- Relational, Risk-Taking Missionaries | Increasing the culture of relational, financial,conversational, and spiritual risk taking with the goal of sharing the love of Jesus.
- Emphasis on LifeGroups | Experiencing caring community by doing life with one another through prayer and Scripture study together.
- Becoming LifeHouses | New Life in Christ is displayed through love and service to our immediate neighbors.